Friday 26 February 2010

Album Review:

Drake: So Far Gone EP:

Just listened to the ‘So Far Gone’ EP from up-and-coming artist Drake and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Having heard some tracks involving him, such as ‘Forever’ in which he collaborates with Lil Wayne, Eminem and Kanye West, I assumed he would be a fluke like Rihanna or the track ‘Knock You Down’ by Keri Hilson. The seven track EP is flawed but tight. The only thing I disagree with is his insistence to play ‘the game’ i.e. to rhyme about girls who think sex is attention (does he need to use ‘fucking best’?) and the fame (of which I don't think he's seen much off?). No match for his new found friends Drake at least has the brains (or the producers) to know what sounds good and not one track falters majorly. I am looking forward to the album he is apparently bringing out this year—it may be nearer the bottom off my best of year list but we'll have to see. I'm sure with more collaborations with the above he will, at least, have a few club killers. A−

No comments:

Post a Comment